Why did I create Movement Alchemy?
What do I have to offer that will benefit you and others?
I’m here, I guess because my parents liked each other alot!
Seriously, I’m here because I can help you heal.
Movement Alchemy describes the transformation through movement that is accessible to every body. Transformation that honors every body in its uniqueness and life history. Movement Alchemy is the culmination of the work I’ve done; the different disciplines of movement, the variety of injuries I’ve befriended as well as the various methods of healing I’ve explored.
Movement Alchemy is…
- Nia classes, an energetic, fun way to get fit, connect to community and get your dance fix! 52 Moves fuse the energy of martial arts, dance arts and healing arts for a perfectly balanced fitness program.
- Labs and Workshops that are perfect if you are new to movement or Nia. Labs and Workshops that are also rich opportunities for all of you veterans and teachers to dive more deeply into your somatic practice with others in the Nia community.
- Sole Practice, one-on-one sessions that incorporate your personal body history and natural movement style. This information is a treasure map that will lead us on a journey of mind, body, spirit and emotional fitness, well-being and pleasure.
Why should you come and get it from me?
First, I am head over heels in love with your body!
It’s the truth and I’m pretty shameless about it! I’d like to hear about your experiences with movement, and your body history. I’d also like to share tools to help you increase your awareness of body sensation. Awareness is the foundation for any change, whether you want to increase strength, and flexibility or get faster and increase stability. I’ll share tools that will improve your ability to move more easily, release pain, heal and reach your goals.
Second, I’m a gifted teacher.
1. I can do what I claim.
2. There is nothing I would rather do with my time than share my love of movement with you. I bring 15+ years of experience moving bodies and a passion for exploration and movement adventure. I speak Sensation, the language of the body and with a little practice, you will too!
3. I have a new Toy and I can’t wait to share it!
On a personal note, recently I caught myself wishing I had stepped into this earlier in my life. I just didn’t have the juice I have now; the fuel, the excitement that gets me up every morning (and Movement Alchemy won’t fully manifest until October!).
What is it? This fuel?
I love my body! I love the way it moves. I love the way it feels and these two concepts feed each other.
The more I love the way I feel, the more I want to move and find ways of moving that result in loving the way I feel!
The Joy of Movement, Nia White Belt Principle 1. It is the sensation of Joy flooding my body. The sensation that says, “oh yea, this is the way I want to keep doing it”. It was through Nia that I discovered The Joy of Movement, but it is not limited to Nia. I discovered the Joy of Running. After 25 years of doing it-hating it-doing it-hating it, I applied Principle 5, Awareness. I ran and listened. When it didn’t feel good I made tiny changes, I tweaked – I kept my mouth closed but my teeth apart so my jaw would stay relaxed. I lengthened my stride; that did not feel good and I started counting steps again. I checked my ego, shorted my stride and slowed my pace. Ah, Joy returned. When I felt like I could run for hours, I was there. My body would ask me to run. I was slow, at first, but it felt really good and I was happy to be outside. Before long I was faster. I quietly kept up with the speeds of some more serious runners and found my pace not far from theirs. Ok, this really works!
Nia is much of what I share, but Movement Alchemy is how the big picture comes together.
Nia. Dance. Running. Basketball. Golf. Business. Relationships.
Strength. Flexibility. Agility. Mobility. Stability. Longevity.
The Balance of Yin and Yang, masculine and feminine energy within each one of us and out in the world.
Oh, yea about that new toy?!
This toy is actually a tool that gives me the power of choice; the power to choose how I’m going to use my body in any given moment. Learning to use this tool has made a huge difference in my conditioning and how my body looks. I’ll bet learning to use this tool would make a big difference in your movement practice; profession, hobby or sport, whatever your fitness, experience or skill level. At the same time, you will develop what I call your deep core reserve of stability.
Curious? Good! Come see me.
Too far away for live and in person? That’s ok, we’ve got this thing called technology. Contact me and we’ll figure it out.